Virtual JPMorgan Code for Good Hackathon 2020 experience
Every year JPMorgan Chase & Co. conducts Code for Good Hackathon at a large scale to hire fresh graduates from the engineering college which every student keeps an eye on...
Luckily, I was one of the shortlisted candidates for the current Code for Good Hackathon 2020. This article is for my friends who are waiting for some insights on their upcoming CFG Hackathon.
- The first day was mainly for jelling up with teammates. You need to express what you are good at and decide among teammates to come up on the same page.
- The ** second-day**, I liked it the most. That was a workshop on technical skills like a web page and Git usage. Also, it's better if you have early knowledge of git and you should at least have an idea on how to solve the merge conflict.
- NOW, the third day, THE D-Day, Basically the main Hackathon where you will Brainstorm + Code will be of only 24 hours.
Try to focus on developing the main requirement posed by the non-profit NGO's. Keep on updating about your work to your teammates and mentors so that they can help you if you get stuck on it for more time.
Skills to focus:
- Communicate effectively with teammates and mentors. As we all the sailors with a common goal to reach the surface.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Bootstrap + any app-related knowledge is plus.
- Knowledge of SQL and XAMP server.
- Basic knowledge of git push, git pull, git merge, and ability to solve the merge conflict. It is advisable to try collaborating on a dummy file with your friend before entering into the hackathon.
Our Presentation on The Nudge Foundation: Click here for Presentation and Demo
Hackathon is not only for hacking into problems but also knowing new faces, sharing stories, and building memories.